Licensed Clinician- Assessor (PRN)
Mental Health | Richmond, VA | Part Time
JOB TITLE: Licensed Clinician / Licensed Eligible Clinician Assessor
Immediate Supervisor: Chief Operations Officer
The PRN Assessor is responsible for completing assessments and authorizations for Day Treatment and Mental Health programs as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete new and annual assessments at the site or in the community with timely response for authorization deadlines.
- Complete Initial and annual Continued Stay Authorization paperwork for assigned caseload.
- Develop clinically sound treatment plans for Individual Service Plans/Addendums and meet with legal guardians and participants to ensure informed consent/signatures
- Licensed eligible clinicians, meet with a licensed mental health professional within twenty-four (24) hours of completing face to face assessments regarding diagnosis.
- Complete full intake packets (legal forms, SRA’s, etc.)
- Licensed eligible clinicians, participate in weekly clinician supervision according to their prospective licensure board.
- Manage and respond to pending denials received, contacting MCO’s, or agency responsible for authorizations, to discuss issues as they arise.
- Promote the program in a positive manner to elicit referrals and maintain census and growth of the program.
- Attend all annual mandatory agency training (TOVA, CPR & First Aid, Human Rights, HIPAA, etc.) (As needed)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of various assessment and evaluation tools.
- Knowledge of mental disorders, their symptoms, treatment and social implications in relation participant and family.
- Knowledge of the application of psychological theories with respect to group and individual behavior.
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques of psycho educational parent training.
- Ability to evaluate and diagnose psychological problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Educations and Specifications
Require Licensed Mental Health Professional Eligible (LMHP-E) credentials:
- Master’s degree in human service AND be licensed (LPC, LCSW, or LCP) or
- Licensed eligible AND at least 2 years of clinical experience providing direct services to children and adolescents with a diagnosis of mental illness.