Warehouse | Montebello, CA | Full Time
At Source Logistics, we specialize in offering customized logistics and supply chain solutions in US markets such as: Full Service Warehousing, Order Processing, E-commerce Fulfillment, Marketing Fulfillment, Digital Printing, Complete Transportation Solutions and Information/Data Supply Chain Services.
We cater our array of services to multiple types of industries such as: food and beverage, apparel, retail, health and beauty, medical, industrial, technology, financial and others. Our mission is to help US and foreign-based companies expand and offer their services to their US customers. We help companies from all over North America, South America, Europe and Asia increase their market presence in the US through competitive supply chain solutions.
We have over 1 million square feet of warehouse space, strategically located throughout the US to provide our clients the ability to easily service their customers. Our warehouses are located in Brea, and Los Angeles, CA; N. Monroe, NJ; Portland, OR; Houston and Laredo TX.
- Supervises all shipping, receiving, and packing room activities performed by warehouse crew; maintains a high degree of visibility and access to employees on warehouse floor throughout the shift.
- Establishes and maintains department standards for productivity, reliability, and accuracy.
- Reviews, prioritizes, and organizes all orders to be picked and/or shipping during shift.
- Schedules equipment maintenance as required in breakdown situations.
- Manages all receiving and shipping office paper flow.
- Reviews and approves all vendor invoices; researches vendor invoicing problems related to warehouse receiving activities.
- Forecasts crewing needs to meet peak demands of the business and staff team accordingly; trains, motivates, coaches, rewards, and disciplines crew being supervised; resolves personnel issues.
- Coordinates with the warehouse manager to manage personnel issues including but not limited to vacation approvals, time card approval, daily and weekly overtime, hiring, and training.
- Leads crew by example by loading trucks and/or performing other duties as necessary.
- Performs required administrative tasks; prepares required reports and correspondence.
- Oversees receiving personnel in the pick and pack of orders.
- Assists warehouse manager with development and implementation of policies and procedures; ensures all established policies and procedures are followed by crew.
- Assists with inventory activities; supervises inventory control process including but not limited to check-in/check-out, settlement, and inventory reconciliation.
- Oversees the sanitation activities performed in the warehouse.
- Resolves warehouse-related issues with representatives from other department throughout the company.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area.
- Maintains safety programs and all required safety training for the crew.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly supervises employees within the department(s).
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
- Strong inventory control skills.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations best practices.
- Forklift certified.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proficient on [INSERT COMPUTER PROGRAM(S) REQUIRED FOR POSITION]
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
Compensation: $48,000-$53,000 per year
- Please list anything that makes working for your company unique or special - i.e. Can people work from home, do you offer special benefits (company car, expense account, stock options, etc).