Customer Service Representative
Customer Service | Monroe, NJ | Full Time
At Source Logistics, we specialize in offering customized logistics and supply chain solutions in US markets such as: Full Service Warehousing, Order Processing, E-commerce Fulfillment, Marketing Fulfillment, Digital Printing, Complete Transportation Solutions and Information/Data Supply Chain Services.
We cater our array of services to multiple types of industries such as: food and beverage, apparel, retail, health and beauty, medical, industrial, technology, financial and others. Our mission is to help US and foreign-based companies expand and offer their services to their US customers. We help companies from all over North America, South America, Europe and Asia increase their market presence in the US through competitive supply chain solutions.
We have over 1 million square feet of warehouse space, strategically located throughout the US to provide our clients the ability to easily service their customers. Our warehouses are located in Brea, and Los Angeles, CA; N. Monroe, NJ; Portland, OR; Houston and Laredo TX.
Provides information to customers by verifying understanding of request; answering questions; offering
Provide information for and request setup of new product numbers.
Train clients as needed or requested regarding WMS (Velocity).
Correspond with clients via email as much as possible to ensure requests are documented. If clients make
requests via the phone, ask them to follow up with an email.
Monitor Redline reports and communicate any problems to client.
Monitor items on back order and keep clients apprised of the situation.
Check for outstanding shipments on a daily basis. Communicate with the appropriate people to determine
how to resolve the issues. Keep client informed as needed.
Generate the inbounds in our system WMS (Velocity) and print the LPN's labels.
Generate the outbound (Orders) in our system for those customers who request this service.
Quality check the lists from orders by making sure the quantities match for the number of orders, line
items and total quantity of items.
Assist with any reporting needs as requested by clients. For example, inventory balances, big export, etc.
Help them to understand how they can do this themselves using WMS (Velocity).
Scanning and uploading the shipments or proof of loading (POD's) into our system.
Keep neat, complete, and orderly records for billing.
Invoice special projects as soon as they are completed.
Invoice monthly jobs at the middle and end of each month.
Respond to customer inquiries by understanding inquiry; reviewing previous inquiries and responses;
gathering and researching information; assembling and forwarding information; verifying customer's
understanding of information and answer.
Determine customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers; visiting operational
environments; analyzing information and applications.
Initiates service by recording requests; forwarding to operations.
Resolves billing problems by identifying the problem; explaining procedures; forwarding required
Improves quality results by evaluating processes; recommending changes.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Education and/or Experience- High School Diploma or GED; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Please list your harder requirements and "nice to haves" here. This section should be keyword-rich - i.e. please include the keywords you anticipate that job seekers will use to search for jobs on job boards.
- Please list anything that makes working for your company unique or special - i.e. Can people work from home, do you offer special benefits (company car, expense account, stock options, etc).