Building Maintenance Technician (handyman)
Building Management | West Bloomfield, MI | Full Time
Friendship Circle is a non-profit organization in West Bloomfield, Michigan that provides assistance and support to individuals with special needs and their families. Friendship Circle is currently looking to hire a full-time Building Maintenance Technician (handyman). This position will work directly with the Building Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plumbing, electrical and general mechanical maintenance work for three (3) buildings
- Building maintenance and repair such as plaster repairs, painting, and tiling as needed
- Changing light bulbs and fixtures
- Assisting with evacuating the buildings in the event of an emergency
- Calibrating the tools on a regular basis
- Cleaning and organizing as needed
- Providing assistance with the management the vehicle fleet
Skills and Attributes:
- Candidate should possess a high school diploma or GED and a minimum of two (2) years of related building maintenance experience
- Candidate should be comfortable climbing ladders, lifting up to 60 lbs
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends when needed
Work schedule would be Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, at an hourly wage of $15.