System Integration Engineer
Engineering | Newark, CA | Full Time | From $160,000.00 to $180,000.00 per year
At FreeWire we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
System Integration Engineer
FreeWire Technologies is seeking a System Integration Engineer to join our team. As a System Integration Engineer, you will help us fundamentally change the way energy is delivered to electric vehicles. You will help FreeWire evolve its solutions from providing EV charging where the available grid connections do not have the capacity to a full suite of energy services that will help accelerate sustainable electrification. You will help define and design future products that will allow us to provide services like bidirectional connections to the grid.
FreeWire has secured funding to accelerate international market expansion of our products and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. To meet our ambitious goals, we are growing rapidly.
We are seeking an extremely motivated individual to lead the design and integration of our charging systems. Key attributes will be exceeding expectations, flexibility in performing tasks, a commitment to organization and documentation, and enthusiasm to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Develop and execute to our system integration roadmap
- Help define and refine the step-by-step process to test prototype and pilot assemblies from the ground up
- Work with software, mechanical, electrical, and hardware groups to analyze and resolve integration issues as they arise
- Capture lessons learned to inform on design, validation, and production builds
- Build, manage, execute, and improve integration plans
- Fault capture and root cause analysis
- Provide system-level information and collaboration on DFMEA
- Utilize product knowledge gained in prototype phase to inform and assist manufacturing with inline test definition and equipment specification
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Industrial, or other related fields
- Proven experience and knowledge in mechanical and electrical systems and fundamentals
- Strong understanding of CANBUS and MODBUS communication protocols
- Comfortable diagnosing system problems and troubleshooting control systems, battery, power electronics, and high voltage experience
- Experience in flashing software/firmware on microcontrollers and calibration of software variables
- Proficient in data acquisition, analysis, and reporting technical details
- Ability to manage timelines and documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with harness schematic tools such as Creo Schematic
- Willing to travel 20%
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to changes or amendments to meet the evolving needs of the company. Thus, this position may include responsibilities or duties not specifically stated, but which may be deemed necessary.
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of the range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.