Sr. Software Engineer - Java
Engineering | Newark, CA | Full Time | From $150,000.00 to $187,000.00 per year
At FreeWire we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Sr. Software Engineer – Java
- Develop, test, and deploy robust code compliant with industry standards.
- Help build an enterprise platform that will be deployed globally to customers from all ranges of the EV industry.
- Provide support as we move to a new vision in architecture using newer technologies and standards.
- Work closely with a team of Talented Engineers: coaching, mentoring, and shaping our junior developers and development effort
- All other duties as assigned
- 6+ years of experience and expertise in the following: Java, Spring, Java EE, and Development; must have used Spring boot in conjunction with JPA/ORM
- Extensive experience working in enterprise software platforms, building SaaS applications
- Delivering Microservices architecture & Complex event-driven architectures
- Strong experience with SOA/Webservices (RESTful, SOAP), Experience designing/building and consuming APIs/Web services
- Delivering automated tests to work with the CI/CD pipelines using Mock/Mockito, TestNG, or similar
- Deep understanding of XML & JSON and ability to define the interfaces and contracts for integration with external parties
- Should have good experience with data structures, algorithms, and performance finetuning
- Some understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and experience with cloud provider services and container technologies (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Must have development experience in a DevOps environment with exposure to CI/CD and blue/green deployments
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a full-stack Scrum team
- Provide detailed work estimates for development efforts
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in EV or EVSE industry or exposure to protocols such as OCPP, OCPI
- DevOps toolchain: Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform
- Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes
- APIs: Swagger/Open API, Service Mesh
- Data science, AI/ML modeling, and Predictive analytics
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to changes or amendments to meet the evolving needs of the company. Thus, this position may include responsibilities or duties not specifically stated, but which may be deemed necessary.
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of the range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.