Senior Technical Accountant
G&A | Oakland, CA | Full Time | From $120,000.00 to $135,000.00 per year
At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Senior Technical Accountant
Oakland, CA (Hybrid)
- This role will report to the Director of Technical Accounting, and will serve as a key technical resource for guiding the accounting organization on technical accounting, revenue recognition, and complex transactions
- Research accounting literature, read contracts, and prepare accounting memos to support the company’s accounting positions
- Read, assess, research, and document appropriate revenue recognition treatment on contracts with customers under ASC 606
- Prepare annual financial statements, in addition to monthly investor, and other ad-hoc reporting needs
- Participate in monthly accounting close, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Assist in accounting for share-based compensation, investments, and other ad-hoc technical accounting topics
- Prepare support for and co-ordinate with auditors in various technical accounting areas
- Collaborate with the broader Finance & Accounting team to achieve department level goals and objectives, including accounting research and recommendations on special projects.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 3+ years of Big 4 Public Accounting experience required
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent
- Total of 4+ years of experience with a combination of Public Accounting and relevant tech industry experience preferred
- Experience in researching technical accounting matters and preparing memos.
- Experience in revenue accounting under ASC 606 essential
- Individual with high initiative, flexibility/adaptability and positive attitude, with ability to be a self-starter who can work independently, prioritize workload, and complete deliverables on time with limited oversight from managers.
- Advanced in Excel and other common business tools such as MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- Experience with NetSuite is a bonus
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to changes or amendments to meet the evolving needs of the company. Thus, this position may include responsibilities or duties not specifically stated, but which may be deemed necessary.
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of the range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.