Senior Program Manager, New Markets/Regions
Operations | Hybrid in Newark, CA | Full Time
At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Senior Program Manager, New Markets/Regions
The Senior Program Manager for New Markets/Regions position will be based at FreeWire’s headquarter in Newark, CA, reporting to the Chief of Staff. In this position, you will be responsible for managing all required aspects to sell and ship the Boost Charger products to new regions of the world such as Australia/New Zealand, various countries in the EU, and others. You will manage and lead the execution of all requirements for compliance, service, customer care, freight, customer support and installation, and any product remediation efforts due to customer or new region requirements. You will also oversee multiple Grants programs for FreeWire. This position is a highly visible role that would require strategic mindset, passion and interpersonal skills to collaborate and influence outcomes, work through complexity in a fast- paced environment, and establish credibility with peers and senior management. The candidate must be a strong problem solver with good interpersonal and communication skills, possess a strong sense of urgency, be detail oriented and have the ability to work independently.
- Translates corporate strategy and high priority, critical initiatives into a portfolio of new markets/regions programs, and then leads cross-functional teams to successfully execute all operational aspects to sell and ship the Boost Charger products into new markets and regions.
- Manage and ensure all requirements for Grants programs are met.
- Lead weekly program team meetings with cross-functional teams (including sales, operations, field support, engineering, quality, finance, and legal) to communicate updates, track progress, and ensure that the program is on track to meet upcoming milestones.
- Regularly communicate expectations to team leads, individual contributors, and key stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Anticipate, identify, evaluate, escalate, and communicate program issues and risks to stakeholders. Define risk mitigation strategies and facilitate appropriate solutions.
- Establish and monitor program level KPIs (i.e. value, quality, cost, schedule, risk) and facilitate regular project and program meetings, developing and implementing processes and tools to identify and mitigate risks, monitor schedules, budgets, resources, and related metrics.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from project teams, monitor, analyze, and solve problems, and report key metrics and status of the active product development programs/projects.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with Executives and other functional leaders. Leverage relationships to influence positive and collaborative outcomes, without official authority.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business, or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in program and project management and/or experience in management consulting roles, focused on operational and strategic initiatives.
- Strong Cross-functional team management, strong interpersonal skills, and adaptive communication style.
- Strong Project Management skills in developing schedules and tracking to milestones.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Incredible degree of patience and ability to think clearly and strategically in ambiguous situations
- Knowledge of EV technology and its applications is a plus.
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.