Senior Commodity Manager, Electrical & Electro-Mechanical
Supply Chain | Newark, CA | Full Time | From $140,000.00 to $182,000.00 per year
At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and am/pm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Sr. Commodity Manager, Electrical & Electro-Mechanical
To effectively manage the Electrical & Electro-Mechanical Commodities through the various stages of achieving Total Cost Management, working with cross-functional organizations across the company implementing the agreed upon Company Sourcing Strategy that meets Freewire’s business requirements (e.g. significant and continuous cost-down benefits and operational efficiency). This position will lead the Commodity Management Teams within assigned categories and provide Freewire with a central point of contact that understands both internal & external dynamics that affect development & manufacturing, and provide guidance and leadership to achieve the best cost, delivery, quality, service and reliability in the industry.
- Drive and report quarterly cost reduction negotiations with each supplier
- Drive the review and analyses of suppliers to ensure that the selected supplier is capable of supporting FreeWire’s product life cycle through volume production, and that suppliers are leaders in Technology, Quality, Responsiveness, Delivery, Service, and Cost
- Coordinate all Commodity Management Team (CMT) meetings with all members of the team, and the distribution of meeting minutes and action items from each team meeting. CMT meetings should be a forum to discuss and review all issues such as the items listed below:
- Supplier reviews including Technology Roadmaps
- Advanced development & DFM reviews
- Continuous Process Improvement discussions
- Sourcing Strategies & status of plans
- Problem resolution
- Cost Reduction opportunities
- Establish and publish sourcing strategies to ensure all cross-functional teams are fully aware of the strategic sourcing plans for the company
- Conduct supply & demand analyses to ensure ample support of resources and capacity are available at suppliers
- Management and coordination of sourcing strategies for the following commodities:
- Electrical Components
- Inverters & Converters
- Cables & Harnesses
- Packaging & Printed Materials
- All other Electro-Mechanical Commodities
- All other duties as assigned
- Experience in Commodity Management approaches
- Demonstrable track record of delivering extensive bottom-line benefits
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to understand complex business issues
- Sourcing experience with Mechanical & Electro-Mechanical Commodities
- Minimum 10 years experience in the procurement profession
- Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, & Word
- Vlookup, Pivot Tables
- Ability to interpret or understand mechanical design drawings and specifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and/or CIPS qualified
- Knowledge of Purchasing within the Electronics/EV sector
- Global Sourcing experience
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to changes or amendments to meet the evolving needs of the company. Thus, this position may include responsibilities or duties not specifically stated, but which may be deemed necessary.
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of the range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.