Senior Buyer / Planner
Supply Chain | Newark, CA | Full Time
At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Senior Buyer / Planner
FreeWire Technology Senior Buyer/ Planner is a key member of the Procurement Order Management team and manages the critical and complex suppliers to ensure on time delivery of open purchase orders to support production demand.
- Ensure continuous supply of required materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Analyze purchase requisitions and review for accuracy and completion
- Send Request for Quotes (RFQs)
- Place urgent purchase orders with suppliers
- Escalate the approval process for urgent order placement
- Review replenishment reports daily
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, delivery, or invoice issues
- Communicate with various departments to resolve demand requirements
- Lead purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning, sourcing, and engineering departments to solve complicated material supply issues
- Communicate between departments for allocation of excess materials to projects or return for credit to suppliers.
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures.
- Interpret internal / external business challenges and recommend best practices to improve products, processes, or services
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in procurement / SCM in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Oracle NetSuite preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline – business, manufacturing, or engineering degree is preferred
- Experience in managing supply chain with sole suppliers and experience in an engineer-to-order manufacturing environment
- Strong negotiating skills
- Highly proficient MS Excel skills, proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and G-Suite.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of procurement, inventory control, and process control
- Background in managing Sheet Metal supplier with ability to read blueprints.
- Results-orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Tenacious and assertive driver who escalates in supplier organization as well as internally
- Ability to understand, evaluate & monitor supplier capacity
- Analytical, numerically astute with proven problem-solving abilities
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Ability to lead others to solve complex problems and use sophisticated analytical thinking to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written & oral communication and people skills.
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.