Sales Development Representative
Sales | Remote in Oakland, CA | Full Time
Sales Development Representative
If you are early in your career and aspire to do something meaningful in cleantech in 2022, join us! FreeWire Technologies believes in electrification beyond the electrical grid; a world where everyone has access to electric vehicle (EV) fast charging when and where they need it. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. If you are driven to learn and grow and are seeking a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make a change in the transportation and energy market, now is the time to join a team that is revolutionizing how power is delivered and utilized.
At FreeWire, we are fundamentally changing the way energy is distributed to electric vehicles and we are continuing to evolve with a full suite of decentralized energy services accelerating sustainable electrification. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors and customers from Fortune 100 companies including leading corporate, utility, retail, and fleet operators. To meet our ambitious goals, we are growing rapidly and looking for people who want to make an impact and are willing to challenge the
status quo. If you are resilient, think outside the box, and like finding solutions to tough problems, please apply to join our amazing team of innovators, enthusiasts, and change-makers.
We are seeking an extremely motivated individual committed to learning fundamental prospecting, lead qualification, and market segmentation skills needed to develop into a top-performing sales professional. Key attributes will be a commitment to organization and documentation, flexibility in performing tasks, and enthusiasm to do what it takes to get the job done.
In this role, you will generate new business opportunities by following a proven process to prospect into business accounts. You are motivated to identify and research lists of companies and contacts to target and to develop and manage email and telephone campaigns to generate new business. The SDR will work with the Segment Directors to create and prioritize their target market and is accountable for generating qualified warm leads which they will pass over to the SD to close. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and driven individual who is goal-oriented, methodical, tenacious, and not afraid of cold calling. This position has advancement potential within the rapidly
growing sales organization. The ideal candidate will possess a desire to develop their professional selling skills and must be a fit for our fun, entrepreneurial, team-based culture. This role is not targeted at an experienced sales rep, but rather an individual who is driven to learn and succeed with a great attitude—we will train you on the rest!
- Learn and execute proven processes, including cold calling and email, to generate new sales opportunities
- Follow up effectively with leads to qualify them and to conduct initial discovery of their requirements
- Strategize with sales executives and the marketing team to support their prospecting programs with direct outreach
- Engage executives in targeted prospect accounts
- Orchestrate discussions with customers around their business needs
- Discover and engage new prospect accounts and contacts within your assigned territory
- Leverage CRM tools to prospect into specific geographic territories and sectors
- Representing FreeWire at trade shows and events
- A commanding desire to learn, grow and succeed in tech sales
- 1+ years of experience related to sales, customer service, or related field preferred
- Candidates should have one of the following: sales experience or other related business experience.
- Experience with sales tools preferred – CRM, Email Automation, Prospecting
- Proficiency with standard corporate productivity tools (Microsoft Office Suite, email, phone skills)
- The ability to write succinct, crisp emails and have a great phone manner
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding assigned targets and personal goals
- Committed to constant growth. You love learning and improving yourself.
- Team player. You thrive in an environment where there are many moving pieces and where success is measured for the organization as well as the individual.
- You are naturally entrepreneurial and highly organized
- You are a confident and genuine communicator with great listening skills.
- Energetic, upbeat, tenacious team player with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Above all, you must be results-driven—you are always looking to achieve great things for yourself and your team!
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.