Quality Systems Engineering Manager
Quality | Newark, CA | Full Time
At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Quality Engineering Systems Manager
location: Newark, CA
Summary: Manages the Quality Engineering Management System (QMS-Design Assurance) to include, but not limited to, Quality System Initiatives, Quality Design Assurance, Internal Audit program, Quality Plans, and Quality Training Initiatives.
- Manages Quality Engineering System initiatives via Quality Planning activities
- Ensures that all direct reports are familiar with, trained on and follow all Quality System procedures related to their jobs which can affect the quality of products or services provided to our customers and that changes to procedures are reviewed, approved and validated prior to implementation
- Provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional areas of manufacturing
- Lead NPI to mass production process and ensure factory readiness, including training
- Drive projects to improve process flow, quality, productivity, and lower cost
- Lead DFx analysis and implementation cross functionally
- Field Failures data mining, analysis and improvement planning/implementation
- Interface with customers on program plans and status
- Review and approve change orders
- Provide leadership for manufacturing engineers
- Applies a risk-based approach to the design control of the company’s activities based on internal quality risk assessment, as well as strategic, operational, and compliance priorities
- Plans, schedules, and executes QMS Training activities encompassing all company locations, including updating the Arena updates
- Communicates company Training activities to Executive Management.
- Prepares reports and other information for presentation to Executive Management
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent experience
- Quality Management Systems Internal Auditor Certifications
- 5+ years of experience auditing Quality Management Systems in Manufacturing companies
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 quality system and regulatory requirements associated with the development, production and registration of products
- Experience with electro-mechanical, software, and hardware systems is preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret design and manufacturing specifications.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Required: Certified Quality Auditor
- Preferred: Certified Quality Manager
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.