Quality Reliability Engineer
Quality | Newark, CA | Full Time | From $120,000.00 to $137,000.00 per year
At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Quality Reliability Engineer
The Quality Reliability Engineer originates and develops analysis methods to determine the reliability of components, equipment, and processes. Acquires and analyzes data, and prepares diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations, and reports to define reliability problems and make recommendations for improvements. Conducts analysis of reliability problems and investigates to determine the required reliability approach for a particular situation, with consideration given to cost limitations for equipment uptime/downtime, repair/replacement cost, and weight, size, and availability of materials/equipment. Determines cost advantages of alternatives and develops action plans that comply with internal/external customer demands for reliable processes/equipment to avoid failures.
- Gathers and examines basic reliability data from field studies or database, and correlates the data for analysis using well-defined engineering techniques, principles, and procedures
- Performs detailed/routine engineering calculations involving relatively simple tests on less complicated system details where ingenuity and high-level judgment are not required
- Initiates elemental engineering studies into equipment/process failures and presents analysis details to more experienced engineers for approval/feedback to gain in-depth experience and improve judgment for advancing to higher-level jobs
- Assists others in root cause failure analysis to avoid future failures
- Provides guidance in the use of standard company procedures for use in reliability analysis specific to the product/process
- Follows company safety and health guidelines and other company policies
- All other duties as assigned
- B.S. degree or equivalent in engineering, statistics, mathematics
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience
- Background in Product Reliability & Failure
- Attention to detail and organization required
- Proficient with Arena, NetSuite, or similar systems
- Strong communication skills and possess the ability to interact effectively with co-workers
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of the range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.