Product Management | Hybrid in Oakland, CA | Full Time
At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Location: Oakland, CA
In this role, you will partner with product and engineering teams across FreeWire to create holistic user experiences spanning customer web portals, charging experiences, and internal tools. You will lead projects through the design cycle: customer research, mapping opportunities within constraints, concept development, prototyping, testing and cross-functional alignment. Specifically, you will:
- Work closely with, and serve as a thought partner to, Product, Engineering, and other stakeholders to lead the design of technology solutions that define our platforms
- Function as a full-stack designer, engaging in user-research, interaction design, visual design, experience / product ecosystem design, and strategy
- Translate requirements from product to create user flows/stories, wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes for a variety of interfaces to effectively document for engineering’s consumption
- Understand and express the FreeWire brand DNA across various channels and touchpoints (physical and digital)
- Demonstrated track record of design leadership and structured thinking to drive business outcomes
- Strong body of work which demonstrates an understanding of design as it applies to web, mobile, and other digital products
- Expertise with a variety of graphic and interactive prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, Principle, InVision, etc.
- Relevant industry experience, ideally both in B2B and B2C product design
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative product design process
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Experience Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, New Media, HCI
- Experience in e-mobility, EVs, EV charging, or an EV owner yourself
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.