Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
Operations | Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico | Full Time | From $30,000.00 to $40,000.00 per year
At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
This position is part of the Manufacturing and Operations department and will be located in Monterrey, MX. The Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for leading and coordinating the technical development of our contract manufacturers production processes. Duties include overseeing the maintenance and repairing of the assembly lines, testing equipment, assembly fixtures, and gathering statistics to assess the efficiency of production methods with guidance from senior associates and management. In addition, the Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer will develop expertise in risk and impact assessment and provide feedback to development and implementation teams on technical requirements and project direction.
- Testing and monitoring machinery to make sure it is in good working order and can operate safely
- Supporting and testing products on the assembly line
- Installing new equipment to improve manufacturing processes
- Designing new equipment or operational procedures
- Troubleshooting machines to resolve breakdowns or faults
- Gathering data and compiling reports to assess the effectiveness of manufacturing procedures
- Maintaining contact with management and the contract manufacturer to ensure quality standards for machinery and products are being met
- Review engineering change orders and work instructions for implementation to the line
- Help track and monitor cycle time and implement continuous design improvements to improve assembly time and ease of manufacturing (DFm)
- Bilingual Spanish – English, with ability to work well under pressure and communicate issues back to the teams in Mexico and the US.
- Be the first line of defense for all mechanical discrepancies on the manufacturing floor, with previous hands-on experience working in manufacturing.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of GDT and ability to read mechanical drawings and mechanical reworks, as needed.
- Create effective work instructions, procedures and test plans.
- Experience in CREO Parametric preferred; support on-site ECO implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean/5S/Kaizen projects and proven track record for problem-solving skills (RCCA, 8D, etc).
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.