Engineering | Newark, CA | Full Time | From $30.00 to $40.00 per hour
At FreeWire we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
The Mechanical Technician will be responsible for supporting the mechanical engineering team in the development of new products through prototyping, testin, and validation where mechanical hands-on expertise is required using various mechanical tools, gages, and measuring devices.
- Supports all mechanical assembly during product development stages such as prototyping of FreeWire’s products as directed by mechanical engineering personnel
- Supports the mechanical technician needs of the other design engineering functions
- Assists in the repair of fielded units that requires immediate attention and analysis of the issue by engineers
- Support operations on as needed basis, working hands-on building products on the production line
- Maintains a safe working environment that is equipped with necessary mechanical tools
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Associate’s Degree preferred
- 1-4 years of related experience required
- Ability to use common mechanical tools such as angle grinders, wrenches, screwdrivers, and the like
- Broad experience working with metal and metal assemblies and all related tools
- Basic knowledge of interpreting mechanical engineering drawings
- Able to use a forklift or ability to be certified to use one
- Ability to understand and follow all laboratory and manufacturing safety protocols
- Proven ability to manage multi-functional projects
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong initiative, prioritization skills, and the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Ability to introduce new systems/ways of working to maximize efficiency
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience with high voltage systems and safety requirements
- Computer literate from a medium to advanced level
- Experience with welding metal parts
- Some repetitive motion activities
- Visual acuity to operate equipment and read technical information
- Able to use a computer/keyboard for extended periods of time
- Able to use office & test equipment and computers/peripherals, in a standard office & computer lab environment
- May be required to lift/move up to 25 lbs. with assistance
- Fast-paced, schedule-driven environment
- Willing and able to work extended hours when necessary
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO
- Dog Friendly
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of the range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.