Manufacturing Automation Test Engineer
Operations | Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico | Full Time | From $30,000.00 to $40,000.00 per year
At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Manufacturing Automation Test Engineer
FreeWire is seeking a Manufacturing Automation Test Engineer to join our team in Monterrey, Mexico. We build mobile, battery-based energy storage systems to provide clean and quiet power anywhere. Our energy storage hardware is an industrial IoT device, and is connected to cloud-based analytics and remote-controlled through customer-facing applications.
- Oversee the development of test equipment for the products and relevant assemblies and incorporation of Design for Testing
- Use various test equipment/fixtures in support of the continuous improvement of the test process
- Improve test equipment and procedures to capture full test coverage of products and relevant assemblies
- Participate in cross-functional teams to create test plans and design test fixtures for products and assemblies
- Create automated test equipment/fixtures based on the functional requirements of the products and assemblies
- Create documentation for test procedures for sub-assemblies and product builds
- Provide feedback to the product design team for test optimizations (DFT) in product design
- Implement continuous design improvements to improve assembly time and ease of manufacturing (DFm)
- Identify test related issues in the production test process, determine root causes, and provide corrective actions to resolve issues
- Maintain test equipment for various sub-assemblies and provide updates to fixtures or equipment as needed
- Monitor test data to understand statistical trends in manufacturing and how it impacts the product
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of developing tests in a production environment, including demonstrated abilities to
- work with cross-functional teams: mechanical, electrical, software, test
- automated hardware testing infrastructure and systems
- troubleshooting test equipment and processes
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a dynamic startup environment
- Bilingual Spanish – English, with ability to work well under pressure and communicate issues back to the teams in Mexico and the US
- Be the first line of defense for all automation test discrepancies on the manufacturing floor
- Create effective work instructions, procedures and test plans
- Testing experience preferably in the automotive industry, industrial settings, or energy industry
- Knowledge of EV charging standards
- Experience with High Voltage and High Current
- Familiarity with high-speed bus hardware and protocols (CANbus, Modbus, Ethernet)
- Experience with NA and EU safety and regulatory requirements
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.