Lead UI Developer
Engineering | Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico | Full Time
At FreeWire we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Lead UI Developer
- Lead the development of the industry-leading energy management and energy trading platform, focusing on UI and customer experience
- Create clean, intuitive, and stunning user interfaces; play a critical role in how our devices and applications are accessed by our users, enabling them to configure, explore and visually manipulate the large data sets to gain new insights and to share/tell stories with their data
- Determine the need for prototyping efforts, based on functional complexity and requirement specifics
- Work closely with in-house/3rd party UX designers to contribute to the application design to match the company brand and vision
- Socialize prototypes via design reviews or 1:1 usability sessions and focus groups
- Participate in analyzing, designing, developing, testing, documenting, and implementing functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems
- Develop work products in accordance with product vision, customer requirements, and organizational methodologies and standards
- Work through all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements-gathering, analysis, design, implementation, unit testing, functional testing, and post-production release support
- All other duties as assigned
- Solid experience with HTML5, CSS, developing application dashboards, admin UIs, control room dashboards, HTML based Kiosk applications
- Extensive knowledge of React and ES6 with at least 4+ years of experience with ReactJS, Redux, and Hooks
- Experience testing with Jest/React Testing Library
- Some experience with Node.js and/or server-side technologies Nginx, Apache
- Experience with Styled Components, Material-UI
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology
- Bachelor's degree
- Front-end development expertise with React, React Native
- Experience building APIs for web and mobile
- Working experience in a high-velocity development environment
- Knowledge of docker and experience working in a CI/CD environment
- Knowledge of Cloud/hosting solutions
- A comparative understanding of 3rd party API landscape
- Experience integrating with Ad platforms, POS systems
- Mobile app development experience
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of the range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.