Item Master Specialist
Supply Chain | Newark, CA | Full Time
At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Item Master Specialist
The Item Master Specialist manages the Oracle materials data originating from New Product Development, Planning, Manufacturing and Procurement groups that require creation and changes to support the supply chain process. The Item Master Specialist will be responsible for maintaining the Item Master module in Oracle for the entire company for all sites and will work closely with cross functional teams to enter, maintain, and ensure data integrity, including full Bill of Materials on all SKUs within the organization. This is a very important position that will impact the success of the organization’s planning and build of our BOOST units.
- Collaborate with Product Development/Engineering, Procurement Operations, Production, Planning and Quality to provide timely release and implementation of new and changed Material Master Data.
- Manage, analyze and audit BOM’s tied to various Kits to ensure accuracy of data extracted from our Product Lifecycle Arena System.
- Ensure the Bill of Materials (BOM) in the NetSuite is aligned with Arena and the Production.
- Support the Planning, Procurement Ops and Commodity team in ensuring all the Oracle data is kept up to date and accurate.
- Perform monthly data audits of weight, cube, pallet configurations and costing.
- Ensure all SKUs forecasted and planned by Production is extended in the NetSuite system to enable manufacturing to build the BOOST units and to enable Customer Service to enter Sales Orders.
- Support the Sales and Marketing team requests for product specifications as required.
- Communicate all updates to key stakeholders (accounting, finance, operations) as required.
- Validate and verify that all required sourcing and planning requirements are specified in Arena prior to extracting /” cut in” the data/item attributes into NetSuite.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Some experience in production planning or materials management in manufacturing environment preferably in a mechanical/electrical industry.
- Experience in database management and data extractions from an integrated system.
- Experience using Oracle (NetSuite ERP) is desired but not required.
- Strong grasp of the manufacturing processes driving the item master data.
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop excellent working relationships at various levels across the organization and with 3rd party service providers.
- Previous experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and deliver projects successfully with a strong winning mindset to achieve stretch goals.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite including Excel (Intermediate level), Word and Powerpoint.
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.