Human Resources Generalist
G&A | Newark, CA | Full Time | From $90,000.00 to $105,000.00 per year
At FreeWire we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Human Resources Generalist
Oakland, CA & Newark, CA
Are you passionate about building and maintaining a dynamic and diverse workforce? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can apply your knowledge of HR policies and procedures to enhance employee satisfaction and organizational success? If so, FreeWire wants you to join the team as an HR Generalist!
In this newly designed role, the HR Generalist will play a crucial role in all aspects of the employee lifecycle. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with leaders across the organization to provide guidance on HR policies and procedures, and help create a positive and productive work environment.
- Support the employee lifecycle including onboarding, leave of absence management, and other routine HR operations tasks
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives, special projects, and process improvement initiatives
- Run reports and support the maintenance of HR metrics and dashboards that provide insights into key HR data points
- Analyze data and make recommendations to the HR management team for continuous improvement
- Assist with data system upkeep, including the processing of employee changes in FreeWire’s HRIS
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to the day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Manage the HR inbox by responding to employee inquiries and requests
- Support talent acquisition activities as needed, including interview scheduling, processing background checks, etc., for expedient and effective candidate screenings and an excellent candidate experience
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of HR experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and set daily priorities with excellent time management skills
- A service orientation, with a high degree of professionalism required and comfort level working with all levels of employees in a fast-paced environment
- Moderate problem-solving skills, with good judgment for when to escalate to the HR leadership team
- Computer skills including G-Suite (strong plus) and/or MS Office tools required
- HR certification such as SHRM-CP or PHR is a plus
- Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to changes or amendments to meet the evolving needs of the company. Thus, this position may include responsibilities or duties not specifically stated, but which may be deemed necessary.
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of the range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.