Hardware Design Quality Engineer
Quality | Newark, CA | Full Time
At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Hardware Design QA Engineer
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Hardware Design QA Engineer. In this role, you will facilitate compliance to applicable internal and external requirements during the product development cycle and commercialization of new products. You will collaborate with R&D, Marketing, and other departments to help facilitate the successful execution of the New Product Development process and launch of robust products. You will be responsible and accountable for Hardware Design Assurance Engineering deliverables required within the product development program.
- Provide expertise in the areas of Quality Assurance, Regulatory Compliance, Design Controls, Risk Management, and Statistical Techniques.
- Facilitate test method development and verification/validation activities for New Product Development programs.
- Identify hazards, mitigate risks associated with hazards and update occurrence ratings in Use and Design FMEA files. Create, maintain, and control the FMEA process and associated files for the Design History.
- Lead Design Assurance Engineering activities to improve customer satisfaction and successful achievement of corporate and department quality objectives.
- Support failure investigations for product failures encountered during the Design and Development lifecycle of new products.
- Ensure Design Assurance Engineering support of customer complaint investigations as required.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in the areas of Quality Assurance, Compliance, Design Controls, Risk Management, and Statistical Techniques including company products, policies, and procedures.
- Lead the development of Risk Management documentation and facilitates updates to Risk Management files through regularly scheduled meetings.
- Other related tasks as delegated by Department management.
- Facilitates training and education of Product Design Engineers in company requirements.
- Some local travel is required.
- B.S. in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ working knowledge of compliance engineering practices and philosophies at an electronics development and manufacturing company.
- Good working knowledge of common compliance-related test equipment, test chambers, and testing practices.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following compliance (regulatory, voluntary, customer) areas including standards, requirements, and solutions: - EMC (FCC, IC, IEC, CISPR, CE) - Safety standards (UL, CSA, IEC, CE) - Radio
- Leadership experience or training.
- Strong written, documentation, and speaking skills.
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.