Failure Analysis Engineer
Quality | Newark, CA | Full Time | From $129,000.00 to $137,000.00 per year
At FreeWire we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Failure Analysis Engineer
As a Failure Analysis Engineer, you will be responsible for conducting first-level failure analysis of FreeWire products. The Failure Analysis Engineer oversees RMA pre-processing by receiving, organizing, and categorizing incoming field returns of Freewire products or sub-assemblies. The Failure Analysis Engineer will perform basic electrical FA testing using hardware and diagnostic tools developed by the Engineering and Testing teams.
- Maintain an organized triage process for field returns and chamber failures, including receiving, organizing, cataloging, and dispositioning field returns
- Basic diagnosis of failed units using best-known methods from FreeWire practices
- Produce FA test reports (by collecting, analyzing, interpreting, summarizing, and displaying data) to be used for communicating issues and failure trends to others in the company
- Interact with cross-functional teams to optimize the field to FA flow and process
- Basic analysis of field data to correlate FA triage results to field performance
- All other duties as assigned
- BS or equivalent in Engineering (electrical or other technical degrees will be considered)
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience debugging electrical circuits
- Background in Product Failure Analysis at a triage level, reporting results and debugging using available software
- Attention to detail and organization
- Proficient with Arena, NetSuite, or similar systems
- Must have strong communication skills and possess the ability to interact effectively with co-workers
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of the range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.