Director, Commercial Quality Engineering
Quality | Newark, CA | Full Time | From $175,000.00 to $195,000.00 per year
At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Director, Commercial Quality Engineering
The Director, Commercial Quality Engineering will play a key role in the local and worldwide arena as the primary product quality and post-sales support contact expert, representing FreeWire to our customers and accurately representing the customer's requirements/needs. This role will manage data input from multiple departments and systems: Field Service, Quality Assurance, and Manufacturing. Key responsibilities will be Customer Communications, Feedback, and Suppliers. Data will need to be analyzed and trended for formal feedback to functions that are internal (Sales, Commercial, and Marketing) and external (Customers and Regulatory Agencies).
- Understand the entire Boost design including both hardware and software so as to accurately represent issues and actions to customers and our internal sales team
- Assure all product field issues are being accurately addressed in a timely manner and communicate field issues and schedules to customers
- A high degree of proficiency at preparing customer quality presentations and ability to communicate effectively to customers so as to gain their confidence in FreeWire as a supplier
- Customer satisfaction feedback, issue escalation support, FAR (failure analysis support)
- Provide post-sales technical expertise during the installation, implementation, and maintenance of company products.
- Be involved in implementing detailed customer installation and commissioning requirements
- Ensure that the client's needs have been met and that the product solution is fully functioning according to specification
- Provide follow-up support to company sales staff and customer personnel by disseminating technical information on specific applications as well as working closely with Sales Ops and Field Service
- Interact with Customer Success, Procurement, Assembly, Manufacturing Test, and Quality to understand customer requirements, resolve quality and reliability issues related to the product qualification ramp, and high-volume manufacturing
- Prepares reports and other information for presentation to Executive Management
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably a Systems or Electrical Engineering Degree
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in the field of quality engineering or related fields
- Experience in customer interfacing roles such as technical marketing and customer support
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret design and manufacturing specifications
- Ability to understand basic engineering in firmware, electrical, mechanical, and systems
- Fluent in explaining and organizing complex technical issues in understandable terms
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Travel: 10-15%
- Datacenter industry and computer architecture experience a plus
- Experience in Quality and Reliability functions such as product qualification preferred
- Experience supervising a team preferred
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of the range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.