Customer Success Lead - Retail
Sales | Oakland, CA | Full Time | From $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 per year
At FreeWire we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating the deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery-backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost-effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility-owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Customer Success Lead - Retail
Oakland, CA or Newark, CA
- Act as a critical point of contact for customers for communication around field issues, remote
troubleshooting, and other service requests.
- Work with customers to understand their unique use cases and provide solutions to optimize
their use of our product based on sound data.
- Partner with the Field Service team to understand technical issues, and act as a voice of the
customer for timely resolution of issues.
- Form a deep understanding of the value chain for retail EV Chargers (Charger, Network,
Credit Card Reader, etc), how they interface with each other, and help create best practices for
managing, root-cause & addressing issues.
- Meet regularly with our customers to perform business and utilization reviews, partnering with
them to provide continuous improvement in their operations.
- Support other sales efforts and all other duties as assigned
- You have a high level of initiative and a strong sense of accountability for internal and external
- You have a track record of navigating ambiguity to find solutions to hard problems.
- 5+ years of successful experience in customer success, customer service, or account
management-type roles, preferably in the EV, EV Infrastructure, or Energy Services space
- Comfortable with G-Suite and Microsoft Office, especially Google Sheets & Excel
- Startup or tech background strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience working with EV Charger Networks (EV Connect, Chargepoint, etc.)
- Experience with Zendesk Support & Zendesk Chat
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with CRM solutions (Hubspot, Salesforce, etc.)
- Prior experience using contact center solutions (Dialpad, 8x8, Twilio, Five9, etc.)
- Experience with Point of Sale (POS) Systems
- Experience working with C-Stores & Oil & Gas customers.
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of the range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.