G&A | Hybrid in Oakland, CA | Full Time | From $150,000.00 to $175,000.00 per year
At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
- Inventory revaluation, amortization, E&O reserve, warranty reserve, variance analyses, intercompany material movement, and year-end, quarterly, and/or cycle count reconciliation
- Perform month-end close activities including the preparation and review of inventory module close, accruals of inventory-related activity, journal entries, account reconciliation, and analysis of results
- Provide detailed analysis of financial data, key performance indicators for manufacturing overall performance
- Evaluate and update standard costs on a quarterly basis, which includes the review and analysis of materials, direct & indirect labor, subcontractor cost, and other overhead costs incurred in the operating department
- Maintain and improve cost accounting processes
- Contribute to the annual and mid-year financial planning processes
- Assist with product costing activities
- Collaborate with purchasing and planning team for operational issues and process improvement
- Coordinate with external auditors to complete financial audits and quarterly reviews related to inventory, capitalized costs associated with inventory, cost of goods sold/cost of revenue, and manufacturing overhead
- Provide all the requisite information for the financial statement footnotes related to inventory
- Support the Controllership team in managerial reporting and other ad hoc projects as needed
- Assist with Item/BOM Set Up and activation in ERP system
- Assist Supply Chain with the coordination of Year-End Physical Inventory Count
- All other duties as assigned
- 3-4 years accounting experience, preferably with a public company or public accounting
- Experience with manufacturing or inventory management
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and executing responsibilities with minimal errors
- Effective and efficient communicator both verbally and written
- Strong work ethic, capacity to get projects completed independently, and consistent performance with a sense of urgency and commitment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with NetSuite is preferred but not required
- Proactive, assertive, and creative approach to problem-solving
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to changes or amendments to meet the evolving needs of the company. Thus, this position may include responsibilities or duties not specifically stated, but which may be deemed necessary.
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of the range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.