BOM Configuration Management Specialist
Supply Chain | Hybrid in Newark, CA | Full Time | From $140,000.00 to $162,000.00 per year
At FreeWire we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
BOM Configuration Management Specialist
- This role is responsible for the configuration of BOMs from design to production focusing on BOM integrity from a supply chain and manufacturability perspective
- Create, maintain, and manage product configuration rulesets and Master BOMs
- Create and maintain standard processes for inputs and changes within Arena
- Where appropriate, minimize the number of parts used in a BOM
- Ensure a smooth transition of BOM from design to manufacturing
- Coordinate with and support individual stakeholders (i.e. Sales, Engineering, Procurement, Operations, Materials Planning, and Finance) to provide and submit the detailed product information required for use in both Arena and NetSuite systems
- Define, support, and provide training to staff for document control and configuration management including drawings, prints, schematics, work instructions, data packages, ECOs, and data capture in ERP / MRP systems
- Prioritize based on production and program schedules, maintaining a minimum turnaround time.
- Ensure the right parts are used and we are not missing key information such as revisions, sourcing information, disposition, etc.
- As a BOM Configuration Management Specialist, you will help refine PLM processes and grow the capabilities of current systems, driving continuous improvement
- Evaluate data and make suggestions or improvements to our existing processes
- All other duties as assigned
- Proficient understanding of Bills of materials, master BOMs, and multi-level BOMs
- 2+ years’ experience with BOM management and BOM creation
- 2+ years experience with PLC systems such as Arena
- 2+ years experience with MRP systems such as NetSuite
- Experience in configuration management
- Proficient use of Microsoft office with emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- BOM maintenance experience preferred
- Mechanical aptitude is a plus
- Understanding of manufacturing and supply requirements in BOM
- Knowledge of standard engineering drawing practices
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of the range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.