Bill of Materials Manager
Supply Chain | Hybrid in Newark, CA | Full Time
At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Bill of Materials (BOM) Manager
- The Bill of Materials Manager (BOMM) is responsible for managing the New Product Introduction (NPI) and production Bill of Materials (BOM) for operations
- Facilitate the transfer of the production BOM to the Contract Manufacturing (CM) or local manufacturing
- Expected to be the subject matter expert on BOM structure, BOM levels and assemblies
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings
- Ability to understand basic electronic components
- Will work closely with supply chain, manufacturing engineering and quality to facilitate updates to the NPI and production BOM as needed
- Will do BOM analysis and planning projects as assigned by operations management
- Provide support to the Operations, Engineering, Quality and Supply Chain teams on all matters relating to BOM both current and new
- Broad mass production and supply chain experience that shows a proven track record of accomplishments
- Proven ability to manage multi-functional projects
- Have strong organizational and planning skills
- Have strong prioritization skills and be able to manage multiple concurrent projects using common resource pool
- Work well under own initiative
- Introduce new systems/ways of working to maximize efficiency
- Strong communicator
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field required.
- At least three years of related experience required.
- Preferable to be in a similar industry to FreeWire. Automotive, electrical, and mechanical industries.
- Experience with:
- BOM management and BOM creation
- PLC systems such as Arena
- MRP systems such as NetSuite
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.