Accounting | Boston, MA | Full Time
The Associate Controller will lead the accounting and finance tasks and work closely with the CEO to lay the financial foundation for our next phase of growth.
This is a formative and exciting time for our client and they are seeking to hire for and define the accounting function more fully within the company and implement increased visibility, controls and accountability into company financials and business metrics.
Reporting to the CEO, the Associate Controller will have broad responsibilities and an opportunity to have an immediate and meaningful impact on the company.
- Perform all accounting and financial operations including the general ledger, revenue, cost of goods sold, AP/AR, research and development accounting, stock compensation, payroll, benefits and cash flow management.
- Prepare accurate and timely information for management
- Report monthly/year-end GAAP financial reports and internal reporting
- Interface with all internal divisions of the company and its suppliers/customers, governmental agencies, and professional service providers.
- Coordinate monthly/quarterly filings and yearly tax returns, periodic governmental filings, registrations, business and tax licenses, etc.
- Prepare year end working papers to be submitted to independent CPA firm for income tax preparation.
- Reconcile and account for stock option plans
- Work with Senior Management and Operations Managers to ensure financial directives are followed.
- HR/Benefits Administration
- Office Management
- Other duties that arise during the normal course of business.
Requirements: Leadership Skills: Ability to give direction and take the lead on tasks, adapt to change, establish relationships, and work in a team environment. Communicate, both verbally in presentation and conversation, and written in correspondence to project team, vendors, consultants, prospects and partners.
- Bachelors in Accounting
- CPA Preferred
- 5 – 7 years industry (SaaS or E-Commerce) experience
- Proficient in ADP, QuickBooks, and Excel
- Prior Start Up experience is a great plus
- Financial Planning and Modeling
- International accounting and finance experience a plus
- Advanced accounting software knowledge and technical aptitude
- Automating tasks and optimizing processes
- Self-motivated and independent, and able to work within a team
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Must be hands-on but also able to see the big picture
Benefits: Work with a tight-knit team of smart, hardworking people determined to build something great Flexible working schedules
Unlimited vacation policy and more