Compliance Manager - Regulatory & Consumer Affairs
Operations | West Los Angeles, CA | Full Time and Contract
When was the last time you put an industry on its head, shook it up, and then smacked it to the point of complete disruption? Never? Want to?
FreedomPop has been a disruptive freemium telco delivering the nation’s first 100% FREE mobile phone and wireless internet service since 2011. With $100m+ in series c funding, FreedomPop is rewriting the rules of the global telecom industry. The company offers a suite of smartphones, tablets, hotspots, services, and innovative social sharing and incentivized benefits, providing consumers access to free mobile phone and high-speed internet services worldwide.
Yes, EVERYONE and EVERYWHERE. FreedomPop is the world's first 100% free mobile plan so that no one is left off the "connected grid.” That is the dream. But to realize our vision we need incredible people that want to put that “dent in the universe” and be a relevant part of our growing yet close knit crew.
We are looking for a Compliance Manager - Regulatory & Consumer Affairs to join our Operations Team. The role will report directly to the VP Operations and is responsible for ensuring all operations are operating within Federal & State guidelines.
The core duties of the role are:
- Day to day management of Regulatory Compliance against all operations.
- Serve as owner of state and federal filing requirements, program regulations, rules, compliance requirements and consumer related issues.
- Responsible for keeping the company current on relevant regulatory changes.
- Responsible for management of all routine audits, all compliance related filings required on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Directly responsible for training, employee management, accuracy reporting, review and compliance cost metrics.
- Responsible for documenting all related compliance policies and procedures and ensuring staff is kept current on any changes or updates to any program(s).
- Participate on product development, marketing and customer facing teams to ensure regulatory requirements are incorporated as part of the development process.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of laws, regulations and policies enforced by the federal and state governments.
- Maintain regulatory filings and compile all documentation needed for annual reporting and approval supplements.
The ideal blend of skills + experience looks something like this:
- 3+ years’ experience as compliance officer in State + Federally regulated industry is a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey business and technical concepts to subject matter experts and non-technical professionals
- Ability to create forecasts and budgets
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in telecomm/wireless regulatory environment, experience is a plus.
- Advanced experience with standard MS Office applications (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
With 100% free basic plans, FreedomPop also offers premium unlimited talk and text plans up to 80% off other carriers and top brand smartphones up to 50% off MSRP. With no contract and no commitment, FreedomPop offers the best value in mobile. So get your freemium on and disrupt your career for the better here at FreedomPop!
FreedomPop is an EOE M/F/D/V. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws , including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We do not work with Search &/or Staffing Agencies.