Head of Strategic Partnerships
Sales | Cambridge, MA | Full Time
We are a fun, passionate team tackling a $60B pain point in travel. Freebird’s founding principle is simple: GETTING THERE MATTERS. Whatever the reason for travel, it’s critical travelers reach their destination. Unfortunately, flight disruptions can wreak havoc on travel plans. We employ cutting-edge data science, machine-learning, deep domain expertise, and great mobile product design to delight our customers.
We’ve got a working product with real customers and big partners, and we’ve raised $16.5M from top-tier investors including General Catalyst, Accomplice, American Express and Citi. We are growing the team -- we need thought partners and smart leaders to help us improve travel for everyone. Won't you join us?
About the role:
Freebird is looking for a Head of Strategic Partnerships to be our key contact person and project lead for new partnership initiatives with financial institutions. We’re excited to have you be a project manager for our internal teams and coordinate and collaborate with project leads at our partners to ensure that we build and implement successful, long term partnerships.
Pre-deal signing you’ll be involved in commercial terms, contract negotiations, and implementation discussions, in addition to shepherding workstreams across multiple internal teams. Post-signing, you’ll serve as day-to-day point-person, be responsible for ensuring a successful launch, and manage the relationship long-term. Throughout the entire relationship, you’ll be responsible for successfully building strong interpersonal relationships with our partners, driving design, development, testing, and launch deadlines, building consensus on success metrics, training our partners, communicating with our partners, and measuring and reporting results.
Here's what you'll do:
- Act as key contact and project lead for our strategic partners
- Act as an advocate of Freebird in each relationship to drive adoption, retention, and participation in new Freebird features and products
- Coordinate each phase of a successful and timely rollout (i.e., requirements, design, development, training, rollout, partnership launch)
- Function as a product expert and resource for partners
- Help establish shared KPIs and metrics with partner that set Freebird up for success
- Manage the long-term relationship with each partner after the launch
- Act as an advocate for partners internally while working across many departments to solve problems and achieve results
- Gather and document feedback in a constructive way that enables Freebird to prioritize features and product roadmap for partnerships
- Monitor, measure, and report on success and performance of partnerships using KPIs, financials, and other success factors
Qualifications: Does this sound like you?
- Experience with establishing, implementing, and managing large and complex partnerships in finance, banking, or consulting
- Proven ability to understand and navigate multi-party problems, negotiate a plan of action, and achieve results
- Desire and aptitude to learn deep technical aspects of our product
- Exceptional internal and external communication skills-- you’re a fantastic listener, capable of understanding partner issues and translating them into an appropriate solutions
- Ability to establish credibility with multiple stakeholders, internal and external
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Adept problem-solver with a track record of success working in an unstructured and entrepreneurial or startup environment
- Financial experience a plus
About Our Culture:
We’re a small team of product, technology, and travel enthusiasts that are passionate about building a delightful customer experience. We believe that empowering customers starts with empowering employees, and share common values of trust, transparency, empathy. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes learning new technologies and is interested in working with a small, core team, we’d love to talk to you about joining Freebird.
Interested? Send us your resume and a short note letting us know why you’d be a great fit for our team.