Full Stack Developer
Engineering | Cambridge, MA | Full Time
We are a fun, passionate team tackling a $60B pain point in travel. Freebird’s founding principle is simple: GETTING THERE MATTERS. Whatever the reason for travel, it’s critical travelers reach their destination. Unfortunately, flight disruptions can wreak havoc on travel plans. We employ cutting-edge data science, machine-learning, deep domain expertise, and great mobile product design to delight our customers.
We’ve got a working product with real customers and big partners, and we’ve raised $8.5M from top-tier investors including General Catalyst and Accomplice. We are growing the team -- we need thought partners and smart leaders to help us improve travel for everyone. Come join our team!
About the Role:
The Freebird engineering team is small, but effective. Our lean team works across the entire company to protect over 250,000 travelers annually, with partnerships in the works to cover millions. We’re building applications and infrastructure that monitor the status of every flight in the world, integrate with our partners to automatically protect all of their trips, and offer our travelers a beautifully designed, mobile-first rebooking experience. We also create one-of-a-kind internal tools to enable our in-house CX team to deliver world-class support to our travelers. Through all of this, we work closely with our data science to connect the dots across the travel ecosystem.
As a full-stack software engineer, you’ll work on all of that. You’ll build features that require you to touch both Ruby and Scala apps in our microservices architecture. You’ll own the AWS infrastructure that our apps are hosted on. You’ll work directly with our CX team to refine our internal tools, with our design team to create new traveler experiences, and with pretty much every other team in the organization.
Here are some examples of work you might tackle:
- Build APIs to allow new types of partners to integrate with Freebird.
- Expand our current integrations to accommodate the largest corporate travel agencies and companies in the world.
- Create new traveler experiences and messaging to further empower them during their travel.
- Build the next generation of our internal tools to allow our CX team to scale as we grow.
Sound like you?
- You’re a mid-level engineer with 3+ years experience working as a full-stack or back-end developer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related work experience
- Curious with a constant desire to learn new things
- A track record of building and shipping successful product
Some technologies that we work with:
- We write our applications in Ruby (using Rails) and Scala
- We write many devops-related scripts in Python
- We use gRPC to communicate between our microservices
- We deploy our applications onto AWS using Convox
About Our Culture:
We’re a small team of product, technology, and travel enthusiasts that are passionate about building a delightful customer experience. We believe that empowering customers starts with empowering employees and share common values of trust, transparency, empathy. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
Interested? Send us your resume and a short note letting us know why you’d be a great fit for our team.