Corporate Travel Sales Executive
Sales | Cambridge, MA | Full Time
We are a fun, passionate team tackling a $60B pain point in travel. Freebird’s founding principle is simple: GETTING THERE MATTERS. Whatever the reason for travel, it’s critical that travelers reach their destination. Unfortunately, flight disruptions can wreak havoc on travel plans. That’s where Freebird comes in.
We employ cutting-edge data science, machine-learning, deep domain expertise, and great mobile design to delight our customers. Our product has been helping real travelers conquer flight disruptions for over two years. Today, we’re focused exclusively on corporate travel, having partnered with ten world-class Travel Management Companies (TMCs) -- representing more than $7 billion of client travel spend -- and are currently rolling out to corporate clients. Freebird integrates directly with TMCs to lower rebooking costs for travel managers and improve the traveler experience.
Freebird has raised $8.5M from top-tier investors including General Catalyst and Accomplice. Our Advisors include Kurt Ekert (CEO of Carlson Wagonlit), Scott Hintz (Co-founder of TripIt), Ellen Keszler (former President of Travelocity for Business and GetThere), and Mitch Gross (former CEO of Mondee). We are growing the team and need thought-partners and leaders to help us improve business travel for all.
We’re looking for a Corporate Travel Sales Executive to lead our sales function in the corporate travel market. At Freebird, you will be the one who makes projects happen -- and the one who sees them through to fruition. If you’re energized by working on a small team, bringing new travel technology solutions to market, and are ready to own a sales function, we’re looking forward to meeting you!
Location: Boston HQ
You will be based with our team in our Boston headquarters located in Cambridge, MA, but should expect to travel frequently across the U.S. to meet with corporate client prospects, TMC partners, and attend industry conferences.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Hunt and close partnerships with thousands of corporate clients referred to Freebird by our TMC partners.
- Manage our dynamic sales pipeline, develop sales forecasts, and establish best practices and processes.
- Educate corporate travel managers (CTMs) about the cost of flight disruptions and benefits of buying Freebird.
- Use a consultative sales approach to educate CTMs on a wide range of topics related to Freebird, including data analytics and user experience.
- Cater value propositions to target prospect segments and then funnel learnings back to the Freebird executive team.
- Identify and attract Fortune 500 CTMs that are early-adopters of technologies like online booking tools, expense reporting, and mobile travel tools.
Sound like you?
- 10+ years experience in corporate travel sales, account management, or consulting across mid- and large-market segments
- Deep understanding of managed travel, corporate travel technology, and the role of CTMs and TMCs; strong industry relationships and references a plus
- Outside sales experience at top TMC, OBT, or other travel service provider selling technology to CTMs
- Documented success creating, managing, and improving a sales pipeline while beating quotas
- Great presenter and closer
- Analytical skills to communicate detailed travel disruption data
- Passionate about travel technology and improving the travel experience
- Self-starter with a proven track record working independently and on a team
- Looking to join a growing, fast-moving tech startup (with 15-30 teammates)
Interested? Send us your resume and a cover letter telling us why you want to join the team!