Windows Phone / Windows 8 Developer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA or New York, NY | Full Time
Foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team Foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're not afraid to move fast and break things as we release, launch, iterate, update and announce -- sometimes all in the same day. We're a closely-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About the role:
We have begun building out a team dedicated to bringing a first-class Foursquare experience to users of Windows Phone and Windows 8. As a founding member of this team, you will have the opportunity to drive the definition of a .NET technical architecture and Metro user experience for the marquee consumer mobile application for local discovery, with over 40 million users worldwide.
- Experience with one or both of Windows Phone and Windows 8 development in C# and XAML
- Deep understanding of MVVM and related patterns
- Working familiarity with iOS or Android development
- Experience building against JSON-over-HTTP APIs
- Experience with Windows 8 location APIs
- Fluency with source control in git and github