Product | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team Foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're not afraid to move fast and break things as we release, launch, iterate, update and announce -- sometimes all in the same day. We're a closely-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About this opportunity:
At Foursquare, our UX Research team is tasked with answering hard questions: How do people feel about the places around them? How do people choose where to go? How do people make plans with their friends? How can Foursquare improve all of these experiences? We're excited to be working on such interesting problems. You should be too!
We’re looking for someone who brings a strong grasp of qualitative and quantitative research methods but also has the flexibility to adapt them to a fast-paced startup environment. You should have demonstrable experience with a variety of research methods, and an ability to evaluate which methods are best suited for different situations. We need to be able to design projects that will deliver high-quality insights quickly and cost-effectively.
- Build cross functional relationships and work closely with nearly every role in the company, including other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Communicate clearly and effectively about research projects and findings.
- Proactively identify areas for future research, as well as triaging incoming research requests from existing focus areas.
- Identify appropriate research methodologies for the questions at hand, including (but not limited to) usability studies, field studies, surveys, and diary studies.
- Execute research projects from start to finish, including identifying goals, recruiting, moderating, analyzing, and presenting.
- Collaborate with other researchers on large, strategic projects.
- Passion for design and user delight
- A high degree of empathy for others
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively
- Flexibility: we're a startup! You must be able to "roll with the punches" as priorities change, or deadlines crop up on short notice
- Willingness to travel and work outside of normal working hours occasionally when projects or participant schedules require it
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute research projects
- 0 - 3 years of related professional experience
- Bachelors or Masters in HCI or related field
This position is based in our San Francisco office in SoMa. We offer a competitive compensation packages, including full benefits and equity for all employees