Test Engineering Manager
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on Foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team Foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're not afraid to move fast and break things as we release, launch, iterate, update and announce -- sometimes all in the same day. We're a closely-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About our QA Manager position:
You are passionate about quality and care about the end user experience. You love working in teams, side-by-side with amazing engineers, product managers and designers. You love tinkering with new products and delight in hunting down bugs through exploratory testing. You plan for the future by creating test plans and test cases for manual black box testing. You work well under pressure.
That's awesome, because we're looking for someone just like you.
Why Quality Assurance is important to us:
Our top priority is to deliver a quality product to our users as they connect with their friends and with the world around them. The Foursquare app and website should delight users with its functionality and stability.
Help us make Foursquare the only app you need to go out, keep up with friends, discover what’s nearby and unlock deals.
This position will be based in San Francisco. We offer competitive compensation packages including equity options and full benefits for everyone.
- Work closely with product managers and developers
- Help build a manual test framework and process that scales as we grow
- Be involved in the release process by representing the QA team and communicating the quality & stability of the release candidate
- Be a champion of the end user experience ensuring that builds have been thoroughly tested before release.
- Involvement in the successful testing of our ‘launch fast and iterate often’ build cycle
- Create and analyze metrics for products that you constantly use to evaluate your team’s success
- 2+ years of experience performing QA
- Excellent communicator; great verbal and written skills
- Quick learner and strong team player
- Works well under pressure and strong ability to multitask testing several features concurrently
- Detail oriented and extremely organized
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills; both verbal & written.
- Passion for Foursquare and location-based services
- Bonus points for experience developing mobile, social, local and/or gaming technologies
- Bonus points for BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
To apply, send us your resume and a quick note about why you’re passionate about building our QA practice at Foursquare.