Other | New York, NY
foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
About the role:
We’re seeking an experienced support guru who loves foursquare and is eager to tackle the challenges of supporting a community of 20m+ users and 1m+ merchants. You will be heading up and growing a team responsible for addressing hundreds of daily requests, while also moderating content and managing hefty admin queues. We’re looking for someone capable of developing strategies for maintaining our queues of tickets, tweets and flagged content as efficiently as possible while still providing personal and thoughtful assistance to our users and merchants. Ability to think strategically about process management as well as attention to detail is crucial, as you will be responsible for everything from re-designing our service software platforms to identifying and escalating bugs or other show-stopping product issues as reported through our support channels. Your responsibilities will also include synthesizing and routing user feedback into foursquare’s product development process, as well as acting as a lead generator for our growing sales team.
This position will be based at our New York City headquarters in SoHo. We offer competitive compensation packages including equity options and full benefits for everyone.
- Re-design support tools and processes to enable foursquare to provide excellent responsiveness to users and merchants via central support sites, email, Zendesk, Twitter and other communication and educational channels. Goals include answering hundreds of daily inbound inquiries, managing flagged content queues, improving venue quality in our system, verifying merchants in a scalable fashion, processing data requests from merchant partners and monitoring problems
- Manage Support team, which is likely to be composed of a mix of short-term, part-time, intern and contract staff. Management duties to include developing short and long range hiring plan for Support team, creating new role definitions, recruiting and managing personnel
- Distill user and merchant needs into actionable recommendations for foursquare’s product development process, regularly meet with internal product and engineering leads to discuss upcoming features, support tools and bug fixes
- Act as lead generation channel for sales by identifying targets within our verified merchant community for sales outreach
- Continue to build out foursquare’s superuser program, leveraging them as volunteer support resource
Manage a host of operational responsibilities related to foursquare support, including:
- Track and report support staff performance metrics
- Coordinate with engineering / marketing teams on downtime communication (status blog, emails, etc.)
- Coordinate with legal on things like trademark issues/guidelines
- Manage relationships with third-party services (e.g. Zendesk, CoTweet, Twilio, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-8+ years of professional experience, with demonstrable operational experience in building effective and efficient teams and processes
- Candidate should have specific customer service experience, preferably with some time spent in the technology industry
- Knowledge of support, bug tracking and analytics tools including but not limited to Zendesk, CoTweet, Fogbugz, Asana, Google Analytics and GoodData. Strong competence with productivity tools like MS Suite (particularly Excel) and Adobe Suite
- Excellent people management skills
- Strong product sensibilities, to enable sophisticated communications and debates around nuances of user and merchant feature development
- Natural problem-solver who genuinely loves helping people, with extreme patience in dealing with large volume requests from customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a manic organizational streak
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment