Software Engineer, Intern
Engineering | San Francisco, CA or New York, NY | Full Time and Part Time
Foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're a close-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
An internship (or co-op) at Foursquare requires at least 12 consecutive weeks of full-time work at either our New York (SoHo) or San Francisco (SoMa) headquarters. You will get training and mentorship from our all-star engineering team and have plenty of opportunities to push real features to our millions of users. The ideal intern will have a genuine passion for new technologies, Foursquare, and the location-based services space.
- Majoring in Computer Science or related field
- Previous internship experience at a high tech company (preferably a startup)
- Hands on experience with several programming languages (Java, C, Python, Ruby) and excited to learn new ones
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high growth start-up environment
To apply, send us your resume along with a note about why you want to build awesome features for Foursquare. If you have side projects, open source contributions, or previous internships that you're proud of, we want to hear about them!