Senior Mobile Visual Designer
Product | San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
Foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team Foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're not afraid to move fast and break things as we release, launch, iterate, update and announce -- sometimes all in the same day. We're a closely-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About the role:
Foursquare is seeking a passionate, curious, and thoughtful designer to join our Product Experience & Design Team. We believe we're changing the way people experience the world around them, and we want someone who's eager to play a huge role in defining how. We work as a tight, cross-disciplinary team, so you need to feel comfortable working closely with a variety of teams, as well as your fellow designers, to evolve the product and the brand across our mobile clients.
As a designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process – from brainstorming the next feature – to tweaking pixels right up to code freeze if necessary.
You never make a design decision without considering the impact on the overall experience. You're comfortable quickly iterating your way to a final, well-thought-out solution. You know how to articulate the rationale behind every design decision you make, and you know how to ask the right questions. You also know how to toe the line between practical and playful.
- Work closely with our Engineers, Researchers, Product Managers, Copywriters, and Designers to define the best approach to a problem
- Pivot between contributing to high-level product decisions – and understanding the low-level implications of those discussions
- Understand and evolve the Foursquare brand (and have your interface design always reflect that understanding)
- Help establish and reinforce consistent design patterns
- Give and solicit feedback from your fellow designers in order to constantly raise the bar
- 3-5 years designing experiences across multiple platforms (and a portfolio that reflects it)
- A genuine understanding of the location-based services space
- Ability to empathize with a variety of different kinds of users
- Bonus: iconography and illustration skills
- A portfolio that includes self-started personal projects for which you had complete creative control. It could be an app, website, blog, etc. but it should be something where you were able to realize your vision.
- Passion and ideas about where the Foursquare product can go
- Hands on experience designing mobile interfaces
We're hiring in both our SOMA, San Francisco and SoHo, New York City offices. We offer a competitive compensation package including equity options for all employees.
Still not sure? Check out our team on dribbble: http://dribbble.com/foursquare