Product Manager, Growth
Product | San Francisco, CA or New York, NY | Full Time
foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're not afraid to move fast and break things as we release, launch, iterate, update and announce -- sometimes all in the same day. We're a closely-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About our Growth Product Manager position:
You want to become the first full-time Product Manager leading foursquare’s Growth team. It’s on you and your team to continue to accelerate our signup and active user growth. How fast can you take us from 25 million to 100 million users?
You love data. Whether it’s visualizing it in a package like Tableau or pulling it from queries with Hive, you wake up every day wanting to answer new questions about product usage.
You love analyzing data. You feel strongly about your tool of choice, whether Excel, Matlab, R, or a Python script. You’re the type of person who would build statistical models to pick a fantasy sports teams, or help a friends evaluate job offers by forecasting the expected value of their options packages.
You’re addicted to running experiments. Like the CEO of Caesar’s Casinos, you think not including a control group is a borderline fireable offense.
You have spent years thinking about how to improve the user conversion funnel from signup, to onboarding, to retention. You have experience in the tools to drive all three stages, from experimenting with landing page designs experiments to optimizing a signup flow to using email to drive engagement.
You’ve worked on user facing products before, on both web and mobile. You can think of three different UIs to solve any problem, but realize the one you think is optimal often isn’t.
You enjoy working with a very interdisciplinary team: engineering, design, research, marketing, analytics, internationalization, and more.
You prefer jobs where your success can be measured quantitatively. It will be here, based on how well you and your team accelerate our core growth metrics.
This position is available either in our San Francisco office in SOMA or our New York City office in SoHo. We offer competitive compensation packages including equity options and full benefits for everyone.
- Acquire new active users.
- Acquire even more new active users.
- Help think of, design, run, and analyze experiments to drive signups, improve onboarding, retain new users, and reactivate lapsed users.
- Develop a set of quantitative metrics for measuring your team’s success and to evaluate the result of experiments with.
- Pull data from Hive and run your own analyses in Excel, Python, Matlab, R, etc.
- Help define product vision and strategy, and build consensus among multiple teams like engineering, design, marketing, and business development
- At least 3 years of experience in Product Management experience developing Internet products and technologies.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field (while you won’t be writing a ton of code, understanding technical constraints and tradeoffs is critical).
- Strong quantitative/statistics skills to make sense out of mountains of data.
- Experience with SQL, Hive, Python, or similar languages for pulling and analyzing data.
- A verbal and written communication ability that Steve Jobs would admire.
- Experience designing simple and intuitive web/mobile user interfaces.
- Demonstrated experience both executing large-scale projects and fast product iterations.
- Passion for foursquare and location-based services.
- Bonus points for in experience developing mobile, social, local and/or gaming technologies
To apply, send us your resume and a quick note about the first 2-3 experiments you’d want to run as the PM of Growth at foursquare.