Marketing & Communications Intern
Other | New York, NY | Internship
Our goal is to make the real world easier to use. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping half a million registered businesses ranging from local merchants to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're a close-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About our Marketing Intern position:
We’re not looking for a traditional, dime-a-dozen Marketing intern. We want someone with strong analytical and organizational skills to effectively grow our user base by creating and executing large-scale, measurable initiatives that build the foursquare brand. One week you may be working with a Marketing Associate in constructing a marketing plan for getting more university student groups and clubs using foursquare, the next you could be producing a video to explain a new feature to small business owners, and the next you might be pitching in on our social media channels with our PR Team. Creativity and excitement are key here. We're a small team, and there's a *ton* to do.
- Active foursquare user with a passion for our product and an ability to clearly communicate the value of foursquare to others
- Creative ideas to grow foursquare and the structured ability to execute them
- Experience juggling several projects at once while still maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions quickly in high-pressure situations
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Preferably, you have a great sense of humor!
This is a paid 90-day, full-time internship offered in our SoHo, NYC office. Hiring is competitive! Please include a cover letter / statement of interest in order to be considered.