Product | New York, NY | Full Time
We build products at the intersection of mobile, local and social. Our goal? To make the real world easier to use.
We're a small but highly ambitious technology company, and we’re executing on an overflowing product roadmap faster than any startup out there. Foursquare launched in 2009, grew 3400% in 2010, passed a billion check-ins in 2011, and we're just getting started. We have a fast-growing community of 15+ million users that check in millions of times each day and rely on us to help them decide where to go and what to do next. We’re also helping half a million registered businesses ranging from local merchants to global brands connect with their customers. We're right in the center of a huge opportunity in a quickly-evolving market, and need your smarts to create the best service possible.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're a closely-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About the Role:
Foursquare is seeking a passionate, curious, creative, and thoughtful communication designer to join our design team. We believe we're fundamentally changing the way people experience the world around them and we want someone who's dying to help communicate our story to the masses.
This person will work closely with our Design and Marcom teams. You’re someone with sophisticated design, layout and typographic skills. You possess strong iconography and illustration skills and have a solid background in print, branding and web design. You must be comfortable working across a variety of mediums, especially print and web. You’re comfortable articulating the logic behind all design decisions. You should have an understanding about the location space and foursquare’s goals and be able to deliver work that supports these goals.
This job will be based in our headquarters in SoHo, New York City. We offer a competitive compensation package including equity options for all employees.
- Designing all user-facing communication including marketing of new features, user education, product tours, infographics, promotions and advertisements
- Applying existing brand standards on internal marketing materials, such as: presentation decks, merchant case studies and collateral
- Push the boundaries of the foursquare brand to create unique graphics for foursquare events and apparel design
- Help people understand the foursquare product and trust our brand
- 2-4 Years designing in print, branding and for the web (and a portfolio that reflects it)
- Excellent communication skills. You must be thoughtful and able to articulate your ideas and choices for every design decision
- Experience working with vendors
- Comfortable in an intense and high-growth start-up environment
- Iconography and illustration skills
- Advanced Photoshop and Illustrator knowledge
- Strong keynote and ppt skills
- After effects knowledge a plus
If you're interested, please apply with your resume, links to a portfolio of any relevant work, and a quick note about why you feel like you're a great fit for this role.