Business Development Manager, Media Partnerships
Other | New York, NY | Full Time
foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're a close-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
Your role as Business Development Manager:
As the newest member of our BD Team, you will change the way that brands interact with their fans in the real world. In the past year, we’ve worked closely with some of the largest and most influential brands in the world: the NFL, the NBA, the NHL, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, People Magazine, Lucky Magazine, MTV, VH1, Conan, CNN, NBC, Bravo, History Channel, Lufthansa, Radio Shack, Mario Batali… Bueller, Bueller? And our list of partners goes on and on and on. These brands use foursquare to extend their reach and connect with their followers as they check in all around the world.
You will help manage outreach, deal development and partnership management with entities from the media industry (e.g. television, print, music, digital) as well as advertising agencies representing brands. You should be familiar with a wide variety of the industry’s business models, be comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to your work.
This position will be based at our New York City headquarters in SoHo. We offer competitive compensation packages including equity options and full benefits for everyone.
- Simultaneously manage multiple partnerships to ensure closed deals are implemented successfully
- Forge new strategic partnerships that contribute to increased brand awareness and user acquisition
- Develop creative solutions with partners to launch campaigns that align with the company’s product and vision
- Deal sourcing, structuring, negotiation and closing with a wide variety of strategic partners in the media industries and in the agency world
- Direct liaison with foursquare legal counsel to shape contract development
- Help lead direction of evolving foursquare advertising product line and help drive other monetization initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of relevant business development experience
- Deep industry expertise and a overflowing Rolodex of contacts in the industry
- Sharp strategic thinker who can help design as well as execute foursquare partnership strategy
- Proven success in sourcing, negotiating, closing and managing complex strategic partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills; comfortable presenting foursquare capabilities and partnership opportunities to a large audience
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment
If you’re interested in helping us build new partnerships, please submit a resume and cover letter highlighting the types of strategic partnerships you’d like to help develop.