Business Development Intern - Europe
Other | London, United Kingdom | Internship
foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're not afraid to move fast and break things as we release, launch, iterate, update and announce -- sometimes all in the same day. We're a closely-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About the role:
We're seeking an independent, smart, self-motivated, efficient, and hard-working intern who genuinely enjoys helping others. As a part of the team, you’ll take on the responsibility of serving our business community of over 1 million verified merchants. You’ll be on the front lines with our customers and have the opportunity to represent foursquare to folks who want more information, are having trouble, or are simply interested in our business. You’ll help set-up (free) merchant accounts, field, investigate and solve queries, and assist the business development and sales teams manage inbound leads.
You should be an avid user of foursquare, an excellent written communicator, and a natural problem solver.
- Balancing a high volume of support requests while prioritizing the most urgent requests.
- Helping merchants (by email and phone where necessary) on best practices for using the merchant platform.
- Working with european merchants facilitate claiming process
- Day to day merchant support including
- Monitoring the activity of key partners to help BD team with account management
- Helping key partners with general best-practice advice
- A Bachelor's Degree (current undergraduates are encouraged to apply)
- Second European Language a big plus
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Attention to detail and careful eye to help identify, troubleshoot, and report bugs
- Ability to prioritize while completing varied tasks
- Very analytical and proficient with productivity suites, most importantly MS Excel
- Experience with the Mac OS and Google Apps a big plus
- A passionate foursquare user