Account Executive, National Sales (Chicago)
Sales | Chicago, IL
Foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team Foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're not afraid to move fast and break things as we release, launch, iterate, update and announce -- sometimes all in the same day. We're a closely-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About this position:
Foursquare is building a world class sales organization with a mission of reinventing the way marketers connect with consumers at a hyper local level. As our first Account Executive in Chicago, you’ll have the unique opportunity to pioneer and contribute to our initial monetization efforts, while working with ad agencies, brands and big merchants in selling Foursquare’s evolving suite of ad products. This person will be responsible for driving our midwest sales efforts by vetting, negotiating and closing sales!
- Prospect and sell Foursquare’s suite of ad products into national merchants, ad agencies, top tier advertisers and Fortune 1000 companies
- Forecast, track and report sales performance
- Travel to agencies and clients throughout your territory, while remaining closely connected to our teams in New York and San Francisco
- Consult with customers and agencies on their marketing needs, and help them understand the Foursquare platform
- Help shape the development of Foursquare’s monetization strategy as we build and iterate different marketing strategies for brands, national merchants, and SMBs
- Work closely with members of Account Management and Sales Operations to help provide best in-class service, up-sell and enhance performance for clients
- 3-7 years experience in Media Sales with at least 2 years experience in digital advertising sales
- Avid and passionate Foursquare user with an interest and desire to compete in our space
- Strong relationships with advertising agencies and clients in the Midwest market
- Strategic thinker that can evangelize and sell products that may be new to marketers
- Self-motivated, independent player with a strong track record of in-the-field sales
- Ability and/or experience working out of a home office
Ideal candidates will have deep relationships within Retail, Hospitality, and QSR/Casual Dining categories
Ideal candidates will have a deep understanding of the Shopper Marketing space
Excellent communication, presentation, prioritization, and organizational skills, and a strong commitment to detail
Extremely professional and positive demeanor
Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent experience