Technical Support Analyst
Product | Cleveland, OH | Full Time
FormFire's market-leading software is used by health insurance carriers, brokers, and employers for benefits enrollment, quoting and compliance tracking.
We offer a challenging work environment where people are rewarded for outcomes, not face time. Our culture is designed to keep things simple so we can focus on the things that matter.
The Technical Support Analyst is the final escalation point within the Service Delivery Organization. Technical issues that cannot be resolved by levels the support staff are escalated to the Technical Support Analyst. The Technical Support Analyst is capable of troubleshooting and resolving difficult and complicated issues. This position works closely with Software Engineering, Quality Assurance and Product Management.
- Responsible for initial triage of escalated issues in order to understand the severity and criticality of issue.
- Determines the root cause of issues and creates the necessary documentation within the development operation software.
- Creates SQL scripts to resolve immediate issues.
- Develops reports and data extracts necessary to understand impact of issues.
- Retains applicable metrics in order to understand the overall quality of the system and area which can be improved.
- Participates in team process improvement to make sure everyone understands development lifecycle
- Identifies customer feedback trends and inefficiencies in the system and works with Product Management to suggest new features
- Maintains subject matter expertise of the system
- Will have read-only access to the production database and personal health information on an as needed basis in order to provide this assistance.
The ideal candidate meets these requirements:
- Drive to improve your surroundings
- Don’t wait for directions, find your way.
- Courage to make mistakes – and learn from them
- Do your best
- Problem Solving
- Solve complex business problems using technology, process improvements or other means.
- Identify the root cause of the issue
- Identify and work to resolve obstacles
- Acquire the technical knowledge necessary to complete your task
- Critical Thinking:
- Understand the pros and cons between multiple ideas and advocate for the one you believe in.
- Find patterns in data
- Research the industry to understand how technology can be well leveraged
- Work in Ambiguity
- Find a way through the fog of the unknown
- Contain a drive for knowledge
- Courage to start working with 80% of the requirements and work to fill the missing 20%.
- 1+ years of Quality Assurance or Technical Support experience
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server including executing TSQL queries
- Basic Experience with HTML and JQuery
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Effectively communicate issues with software and propose solutions
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with task management tools (TFS, Jenkins, etc.)
- Understanding of one or more high level programming languages preferred
- Experience in medical or insurance related industries
Health, dental, vision, LTD, STD, and group life insurance, 401k, PTO, company paid fitness incentive, and a zombie-free work environment.
Candidates must successfully pass a background check prior to employment.
FormFire is an equal opportunity employer. Visit us at www.formfire.com to learn more about our company and products.
Please note that we don't accept unsolicited third-party candidates.