Senior Software Engineer
Product | Cleveland, OH | Full Time
FormFire's best-in-class software is used by health insurance carriers, brokers, and employers for benefits enrollment, quoting and compliance tracking.
But why would you want to work here? Because we offer a fun, challenging and engaging place to build your career. Our core values are centered around accountability, ensuring a rewarding place to work and creating value through brave innovation.
Oh, and we have quarterly happy hours, a free in-house gym, movie theatre popcorn, etc. Check out our culture at https://www.formfire.com/careers.
Now, onto the role itself...
We’re looking for an expert software engineer who can help us craft remarkable products.
As a member of the Product Development team, you will:
- Collaborate closely with our product manager, design team, and customers to develop our next generation of products
- Provide recommendations into technology and architectural decisions
- Share knowledge and help others improve their craft
- Oversee the workload of contractors
- Develop strong knowledge of the health insurance industry
- Tackle problems, not wait for them to be solved for you
- Continuously grow your technology skills
You may be a great fit if you possess these talents:
- Drive to improve your surroundings
- Don’t wait for directions, find your way.
- Courage to make mistakes – and learn from them
- Do your best
- Problem Solving
- Solve complex business problems using technology, process improvements or other means.
- Identify the root cause of the issue
- Identify and work to resolve obstacles
- Acquire the technical knowledge necessary to complete your task
- Critical Thinking:
- Understand the pros and cons between multiple ideas and advocate for the one you believe in.
- Find patterns in data
- Research the industry to understand how technology can be well leveraged
- Work in Ambiguity
- Find a way through the fog of the unknown
- Contain a drive for knowledge
- Courage to start working with 80% of the requirements and work to fill the missing 20%.
You may be a great fit if you possess these attributes
- 7+ years of web development/software architecture experience
- 5+ years of experience in the following technologies:
- Nunit or xUnit
- ASP.NET MVC
- REST Services
- Microsoft SQL Server
- OR Mappers (e.g. NHibernate, Entity Framework)
- 1+ years of experience in .NET Core 2.0 or Higher
- Knowledge of common web security vulnerabilities (e.g. XSS, XSRF, SQL Injection, Parameter Tampering, etc.)
- You are willing to adopt Agile software development methodologies and testing standard methodologies.
- Proven ability to craft solutions with a focus on modularization, scalability and flexibility.
- You are a natural problem solver and critical thinker; we will be looking to you to solve complex problems.
And here are some "we would really love it if you have these things" skills:
- Experience with cloud based architecture (Azure, AWS)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and other container technology
- Experience with EDI
- Experience in medical or insurance related industries
Health, dental, LTD, STD, group life insurance, 401k match, generous time off and a zombie-free work environment (of course).
Our customers entrust us with sensitive data, so you will need to successfully pass a background check and drug test prior to employment.
FormFire is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at www.formfire.com to learn more about our company and products.