Product | Cleveland, OH | Full Time
FormFire's best-in-class SaaS platform is used by thousands of employers and their benefits advisors and health insurance carriers for benefits quoting, enrollment, and compliance tracking.
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner to join our team and help determine the organization’s road map. We offer a fun, challenging and engaging place to further your career. Our core values are centered around accountability, ensuring a rewarding place to work and creating meaningful customer value through innovation.
The Product Owner participates in the creation of new products and features from the idea stage to launch. In this role, the Product Owner will work with other Product team members and talk to customers to understand the market problems and high-level solutions. They will act as the liaison between different stakeholders and the Development team to create a solution, including writing user stories and acceptance criteria to support the development of the product. The Product Owner is ultimately responsible for product functionality and usability and driving a cross-functional team able to deliver high-quality products that meet the needs of the market.
- Collaborate with the Product Manager and CTO to understand FormFire’s business objectives, product vision and strategy.
- Meet with current and potential customers to understand their business objectives and demonstrate new product features.
- Write requirements documents for large scale features and present to internal governance committees to solicit feedback.
- Collaborate with User Interface developers to develop wireframes and mock-ups of desired features.
- Decompose features into documented user stories explaining the desired functionality and acceptance criteria.
- Lead the bi-weekly internal demonstrations of new product features, focusing on the value to the customer, to the organization.
- Ensure organizational understanding of product roadmap via consistent communication within multiple governance committees and organization-wide demonstrations.
- Assist with the development of documented release notes for customer consumption.
- Track key project milestones and communicate adjustments to roadmap.
- Perform quality reviews to verify the developed functionality meets the defined user value and acceptance criteria.
- Facilitate defect management process from triage to delivery in collaboration with Development, Client Services, Product Management and Quality Assurance.
- Understand user experience theory and ensure adherence within application by providing guidance to the Development Team.
- Partner with the Development Team to create solutions based on research and high-level requirements from the Product Manager and ensure defined user stories are reflected in the technical design and development.
- Provide product subject matter expertise of the industry and product to Client Services and project stakeholders.
- Multi-task, prioritize, and be ready to wear multiple hats.
- Additional duties as assigned to you by your manager.
- 2+ years’ experience as a Product Owner or Scrum Master.
- 2+ years’ experience in Agile Methodologies preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience writing User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Experience using issue tracking tools to manage the release process (e.g. Azure DevOps, Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- Ability to travel to client sites from time to time (<10%).
- Experience working on SaaS product is preferred.
- Insurance/Healthcare knowledge preferred.
Health, dental, vision, STD, LTD, group life insurance, HSA (with employer contribution), 401k match, open time off and a zombie-free work environment (of course).
Our customers entrust us with sensitive data, so you will need to successfully pass a background check and drug test prior to employment.