Vice President, Brand
Brand Development | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position:
The Vice President of Brand is responsible for achieving sales and profitability targets through the creation and execution of product and financial strategies from concept to sell-through, to include concept briefing, pricing, profitability, sales and investment planning and product distribution. The Vice President of Brand will work closely with cross functional partners to achieve business results.
- Accountable for brand sales and profitability metrics, assortments and execution in support of overall business objectives
- Drive the development of global product strategies and financial plans, identify growth opportunities and partner cross functionally to shepherd initiatives through to implementation
- Conduct ongoing analysis of industry data to create product category strategies
- Ensure financial success of the business by meeting/exceeding sales targets, gross margin and inventory goals
- Create and present weekly, monthly, seasonal, annual, and ad hoc business performance tracking
- Act as the functional lead with Product Development, Packaging, Marketing, Influencer Relations, and Social Teams to develop full 360 campaigns around global product launches
- Partner with Influencer, Social, PD Teams and Talent to support the successful development of new products in support of brand strategies
- Lead cross-functional teams thru pipeline deliverables via effective communication of seasonal strategies and maintaining alignment with Omni channel pipeline deliverables
- Collaborate w Global Planning to effectively position investments, and ensuring financial targets are met
- Calendarize and oversee global launch strategies (positioning, assortment, pricing, distribution, etc.)
- Lead partnership with Sales teams to identify Brand growth and size opportunities across newness, core and sku productivity. Collaborate on timing and assortment for relevant campaign and marketing opportunities
- Partner with Visual Merchandising to feature key newness and core, as well as visual updates to maintain relevant and productive instore presentations
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7-10 years of experience in a merchandising or brand leadership role in beauty
- Strong relationship building, project management, negotiation skills and the ability to influence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to adjust level of detail and tone to appropriate audience and at all levels
- Ability to story-tell and present to all partners internally and externally at every level of the organization
- Strong creative instinct and analytical skill- ability to review, analyze and provide feedback to support the long-term health of the brand
- Critical thinking/problem-solving – ability to identify issues, make recommendations, and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of work
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Excellent Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and project management skills required
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.