Sr. Specialist, Social Digital Design
Creative | Pacoima, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position:
The Sr. Specialist , Social Digital Design is responsible for creating the Morphe branded digital experience, marketing and campaign collateral and assets that drive brand awareness and build buzz for product launches. This reads a bit broad – as if this role creates all branded digital experiences. This person will be responsible for conceptualizing and developing a range of digital assets with a mobile first approach. This candidate is a self-motivated individual, fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite with a creative mind, excellent design aptitude, a collaborative work style and strong organizational/follow-up skills. We are looking for a detail-oriented designer who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously and one who works well under pressure. The Digital Designer will need to understand and implement Morphe’s aesthetic digitally on a day-to-day basis.
- Plan and manage social content product photoshoots including:
- Planning conceptual photography style for each “campaign”
- Leading internal and external producers with shoot details i.e. Shot list and run of show, product sourcing
- Art direct shoots to match proposed concept
- Present selects to social content team
- Manage all retouching and Markup notes for retouching and sign-off on final images while elevating and maintaining the brand standards for art direction and design
- Works closely with the social team to conceptualize graphics to enhance Morphe channels for Instagram including but not limited to stories and collection giphys
- Continually develops new ideas and explores concepts for online execution. Stays on top of beauty industry, fashion and e-commerce trends and competition.
- Crops resizes of product images that live on the website, works cross-functionally with development team and delivers complete specs for coding.
- Works collaboratively with the creative team and partners throughout the business. Regularly presents work to these teams.
- Create creative social toolkits/handoffs for each campaign to be shared out to all channel partners outlining creative and photography assets.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3-5+ years’ experience in digital design, and a B.A., B.S. or BFA in Graphic Design, Web Design, Art or related field.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects at a time within a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Has exceptional typography and design skills.
- Strong background in Photography or Photography Art Direction
- General knowledge of browser capabilities and web technologies.
- Experience or interest in the beauty or fashion related industry.
- Solid presentation and communications skills.
- Flexible. Open to changing processes, ambiguity, and willingly takes and accepts feedback from all areas of the business.
- Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented; time management skills, ability to juggle priorities.
- Self-starter who is able to troubleshoot and work independently.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.