Sr. Specialist, Regulatory
Product Development | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position: The Senior Specialist, Regulatory is responsible for supporting new product development projects to ensure compliance. Oversees regulatory functions for assigned projects, reviewing technical documentation, validating formula compliance, and partnering with cross-functional groups to deliver successful launches.
- Supports compliance on core New Brand launches from development to launch
- Reviews and evaluates ingredient lists from vendors for international compliance.
- Creates formatted New Brand ingredient lists for on pack labeling.
- Maintain product folders, requesting and filing technical information necessary for Regulatory document control (Ingredient Lists, Testing Reports, Artwork, Supplier Documentation, Registration records)
- Develops testing strategy for each product and partners with Regulatory Coordinator to execute.
- Reviews and approves product artwork for each assigned project.
- Provides Regulatory support for international registration.
- Review and maintain technical raw material documentation for compliance to domestic and international regulations (COAs, TDS, Spec Sheets etc.)
- Support product registration, assisting with dossiers and completing cosmetic notifications for domestic and international product launches.
- Attends internal meetings, provide cross-functional updates and communication, manage internal/external timelines.
- Supplies necessary Regulatory information to wholesale partners for international distribution, maintaining dossiers with raw material and technical formula information.
Key Working Relationships:
- Reports to Sr. Manager of Regulatory
- Works closely with Sr. Regulatory Manager to support NPD driven by Product Development Team
- Will work closely with entire Product Development Team
- Works cross-functionally with Brand Team, Creative (Designers), Copy and Sourcing Teams
Required Skills & Experience:
• 3-5 years’ work experience and passion for color cosmetics’ product development
• Demonstrate a high level of independence managing projects and timelines
• Attentive to detail pertaining to technical product information
• Ability to be flexible and agile with internal teams on constant changes and condensed timelines
• Effective communication and problem-solving skills
• Must act as a proactive team player
• Microsoft Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop experience, a plus.
- 10 %
- Technical Conferences & Trade-shows (1-2 times annually)
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.